Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I'll NEVER Catch Up - Graduation!

Oh me - I haven't posted in FOREVER!! I have SO much to catch up on, I decided the only way to tackle it was in brief spurts. So - watch out for the short, seemingly random posts!!

GRADUATION

So how weird is it that I'm married to a High School Principal??? VERY! You've seen the prom pictures, now check this out!


Straight out of the Huntsville Times -isn't he handsome?? (Ever wonder where EK gets the crooked grin?) This is a shot of Stewart handing out diplomas at his school's graduation ceremonies. Abby and I went to watch the big festivities at the VBC. Abby was super excited that her Daddy got to announce them "graduated" - almost liked announcing someone husband and wife - HA!

Anyway, it was a great day for New Century Technology High School, and a day I was very proud to say Stewart is my hubby (not that I don't feel that way every day :)) Looking at the platform with him seated with the Board, Superintendent, and other system dignitaries made me look up and thank the good Lord for working out our lives in ways we NEVER thought possible!

Believe me - coming from a high school band director to a displaced educator caught in the middle of politics and budget cuts who was forced (but thankful) to work at Staples for a year to this - all in less than 8 years. Impossible to man - POSSIBLE to God!! I promise if you had told either of us eight years ago that THIS would be the picture today, neither of us would have believed you!

I know neither of us will forget that summer that the jobs just weren't there, and it was obvious that there was another plan for us - whether we wanted it or not. We had been married one year, had a healthy mortgage payment (although I sure would like to have that small payment now :)), and NO education jobs in sight! I remember that desperate look in Stewart's eyes that first week of August when I started back to school, and we still weren't sure what was happening with his position. God stepped in - NOT in the way we thought we wanted. Stewart took a year off from education, worked retail for a year, and out of the blue came the perfect teaching position for him in another system. From there, he went straight to administration in Huntsville and the rest is history. Seriously - repeat that to anyone who knows the politics and the unpredictable job placements of school systems, and they will not believe it! God is faithful!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11


I know there are many in this economy struggling with jobs and which way to go next. Stand still and know that God will provide - just maybe not the way you thought :)

4 comments:

candih said...

Thanks Steph! Needed to be reminded of that today (and probably for the next few days). :)

Nicole said...

Things really do work out for the best!!! When me and Adam got married he took a major cut in pay to move up here and now....well things are good!! LOL

So glad you both have good jobs!

April Clark said...

How can I get one of those snazzy gowns like Stewart's? ha! I'm so very thankful that things have worked out for you both! Matt and I have been there and have similar stories! But God has been faithful to us!

Amy said...

What a great story! So glad it worked out for your family :)