Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Abby! (SO many pictures!)

Abby's birthday always has been, and I guess always will be, a multi-day event!! This year was NO different.
It started before school was out when we celebrated the "summer birthdays"

On her birthday, she woke up to 4 envelopes each leading her on a treasure hunt to find her birthday surprises!

Here we go - off to find the first surprise "Summer is for splishing and splashing. Go where the car lives and find something to hold the water."

We drove around awhile before she finally realized we needed to go back home and look in the garage! :)

Then Surprise #2 - "Stretchy, Sassy, Silly Shapes. Go to Bitty's and see what's great!"

So here we are at Itty Bitty's with Bitty and Brenda getting new Silly Bands!

Bitty even gave her a very special surprise just from her - A BITTY BOX! (This will come in handy for all the random "collections" we now have all over our dresser!)

I'm not sure if the next step had a clue, but who can have a birthday without Peggy Ann's??

The next clue led us straight to Mimi and Chik Fil A for lunch. Come on - chicken nuggets, lemonade AND a playground - what else could a 6 year old need??

After that Mimi and Abby took off to pick out some new things for her room. We are re-doing it to be a little more "big girl". More pictures of that to come! That evening we went to eat, and of course one more surprise, "Projects and crafts, experiments and facts. Go find Daddy and see what you have!" A science experiment - just right for Abby and Daddy!!

(Let me just say, Moms out there, this little scavenger hunt lasted all day and included some really little surprises along the way. If I had wrapped it all, it wouldn't have been very exciting, but the process and the journey were SUPER exciting! It made my little presents seem like WOW!!)
And then came the party - her FIRST slumber party! We started at Jackie's house to swim (clarify - to wear out :)), went home for cookie cake, and then ended the party the next morning at Spoiled Rockin'!









WHEW - what we do for our girls :-) I can't believe my baby is 6! I am so thankful for all the gifts the Lord has blessed Abby with. She has such a loving heart and is so sensitive when she thinks someone else is hurt or upset. (Don't get me wrong - this sensitivity can also take the form of semi-petted drama at the flip of a switch!) I LOVE that she LOVES to sing, loves to go to church, and LOVES her family and friends, especially her little sister! I don't know what we would do without her - the Lord has used her little heart to speak to us as times that no one else could. She is the main reason I kept trudging on days I would have rather pulled the covers over my head. She's still the one that will look up at me and say, "You're the BEST Mommy EVER! How lucky are you to have me, Olivia, and Ellie Kate??" Abby - there's simply no words to say just how lucky and blessed I am!
I love you my princess!!

2 comments:

Lacey MaRanda said...

Our kids always seem to keep us going and put a smile on our faces on the absolute worse days...I believe with all my heart that God gives us our children at just the right time in our lives...I could not imagine going thru things in my life if Peyton wouldn't have already bee born...It just seemed like we would have grieved ourselves to death and I am sure you couldn't imagine the things you have went thru without your precious Abby...she is soooo sweet

Amy said...

Love the treasure hunt idea!! Glad she had a great birthday. :)