Tuesday, June 22, 2010

18 Months - WHAT?!?



Seriously - Ellie Kate is 18 months old?? Where has time gone? I LOVE this age :) She is changing EVERY minute! She is into everything! She does things that Abby never thought about doing! She is "sassy" and "precious" all at the same time (I've got to figure out how to get a video on here of her saying that!) She can lay the biggest kiss on you one second and throw down, face first on the floor in the most dramatic fit the next!


Here are some EK basics of life:
  • We MUST still have slickie, banket and boppy to go to sleep whether it's a nap or for the night. Yes, I know the bottle should already be gone, but I just can't give in yet. She only has it to go to sleep :o)
  • She can say pretty much anything you want her to! She loves to have "roll call" where she calls off everyone's name she can think of. It's getting pretty long now - Daddy, Mommy, Abby, Mimi, Papaw, Wowwy (Lolly), Bake (Blake), Gammy, Dude, Nana, Aunt Nana, Bit Bit, Juju, Poppy, Nina, Audie, Giffin (her BFF :)), Jak Jak, Bur.......and then there are the dogs - Mmmmmax (she LOVES some "mmmm sounds"), Taywa (Taylor), Jaks, Spenca, Bebba (Bella), Sadeeeee. I'm SURE there's more!
  • She'll tell you if she's sassy or precious at the moment.
  • She LOVES pizza, chicken, peas, strawberries, ma moes (tomatoes), watermelon (I wish I could spell it the way she says it!), and her favorite - pop a pickle (popsicles)!
  • If we hear "OUTSIDE" once, we hear it 50 times a day!
  • She'll finally watch TV! Sorry for you no TV for baby purists, but it is seriously easier to get ready to go since she will focus on Bawney (Barney) or Emo (Elmo) for a few minutes!
  • She now always wants to go to someone's "oowwse" As in Mimi's Ooowwse, Lolly's Oowwse, Juju's Oowwse, etc.
  • She's maybe a TAD better at church, but she's still anti-still, anti-hold, basically no restraints for me to be happy - oh well. This too shall pass!

Here are a few pictures as of late. EK is just NOT the poser that Abby always was - you have to chase her to get a picture!



(Anyone else noticing the WILD hair tendencies?? I knew it was bad when the girl cutting it said, "You know you really need to start training her hair if you want to get it under control." I felt like saying, "Yeah, I'm a little more worried about HER being under control. I'll get to the hair on a better day!!)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Haha...That is hilarious about her hair. Can't believe all our babies are growing up so fast! OH and for the record I am a PRO TV mom. Love it :) Its the only way I get ready some days.