Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Oh Me!!

I'm pretty sure there's already a post with this title, but I just don't know what else to say!! Remember how I thought I would never catch up, so busy, etc........Well - let's just say NEVER SAY YOU'RE BUSY because God will show you BUSY!!!

Whew! We just finished a whole week of Abby Birthday (see next post), went right into a busy Father's Day Weekend at Scottsboro (which consisted of LOTS of church), and then Monday was one of those days when you stand around and say, "Really, could anything else happen?" The house was chaos, work was chaos, and I was in a whirlwind trying to get loose ends tied up to come back to Montgomery for 3 days (LAST trip - WHOO HOO!)

Then I get a text...."Abby's not feeling good. She didn't want to go swimming. She just wants to lay on the couch." What?!? Is this MY child?? This has been an ongoing thing for 2 weeks. She would have a little fever one day, throat hurt one day, tummy hurt one day, and then FINE one day. Finally, I decided I would go pay my $20 copay and just let Dr. Laue tell me it was viral - she's fine. I'd feel better leaving her if I knew, right??

Diagnosis - MONO!!! Yep, you read it - mono! Let's compound it now. Ellie Kate had that same fever, throat thing (again, I thought just a virus). After some questions, Doc said he was 99% sure she had it too. Then I said, "Ummm.....Stewart went to the doc in the box this weekend with a fever and sore throat..." A few more questions later, and I was on the phone telling Stew to get back to the doctor to have the mono test.......his results aren't back yet, but probably positive! Somehow, it appears I show markers that I've already been exposed at some point in my life and shouldn't get quite the case as everyone else, but I have some mild symptoms. GOOD NEWS (especially if you are reading this thinking - great we were just around them this weekend!) - Mono doesn't seem to be the big, bad ugly it used to be. Sure, it's bad for some age groups, but luckily we don't fall into any of those. He actually said it was better for the kids to get it young so they wouldn't get it again when it could really make them sick. Basically it's just feeling bad for a few days (fever, throat, rash) and then on and off feeling generally yucky for a few weeks. He actually said we were probably already past the worst of it!

SO -here I sit in Montgomery after getting up at 3:30 this morning to drive down (since it was just TOO crazy to leave last night) while Stewart is home with the girls. From what I've heard, it must be an OK day, because his exact words were that they were WILD - Praise the Lord!!

If you want to make God laugh, tell Him your plans :-)

Here comes LOTS of catch up posts - GET READY!

1 comment:

Lacey MaRanda said...

you are cracking me up...I have never heard anyone say Praise the Lord because their kids are wild...but i see why you are excited...proud all is better