Thursday, May 27, 2010

For Today

I have much to post about and many pictures to upload, but for today, I wanted to share this video posted by radio hosts, Rick & Bubba. Most of you know that Rick and Sherri's son died tragically in a drowning accident when he was only 2. Their faith and strength during this circumstance has been amazing.

Like Job, when tragedy strikes, our commission is to praise God anyway. Guess what - that's HARD!!! I know the song we sing at church, "The Lord Giveth He Taketh Away - Blessed be the Name of the Lord", but it was a long time before I could sing that and really mean it. In fact, the Devil just wouldn't let me sing it for a long time because I really didn't know I could say that our tragedy was a blessing. Of course I knew everything was in God's plan, but praise is usually thought of in a positive sense. I used to think that praising God was for all the wonderful, happy blessings in life. Well, guess what? There is a deeper, truer praise from the heart that can praise Him for ALL blessings - even the ones that man cannot explain or understand - even the ones that grieve our hearts every minute of every day. Praising HIM even for that, knowing it is HIS plan and for our good, is nothing short of the miracle of God.

For today, praise HIM for ALL things.......great, small, happy, sad......HE controls it all.


http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1495122219857&ref=mf

2 comments:

Lacey MaRanda said...

If we all could realize that when tragedy strikes...so true

Sherrill said...

So thankful for the wisdom that has been hardearned. . .your spirit can find rest when that wisdom you have expressed here is established in your heart and mind. Sometimes it is a hard and painful journey - but what comfort and joy we are promised. He's been faithful to every promise He ever made us. I love Him. And you. :-)