Monday, June 28, 2010

Whiner!

OK - so I'm copying Drea......shoot me!

I am SUCH a whiny baby tonight! I think whatever this MONO bug is caught up with me this weekend. (Either that or it's just over-worked, over-tired Mommy syndrome!!) Either way, life is an endurance right now!

We started the weekend at Mom and Dad's, spend some time Saturday for Abby to spend some birthday money (Oh LORD never give a girl money and unlimited time in Target. I LOVE me some Target, but I have never been more ready to leave!) Of course, somewhere in the middle of the trip is when I could have laid down, face-first on the nasty store floor and not cared. Seriously, if Abby could have driven home I would have let her!!

Sunday was just pure exhaustion! Stewart did blow up the pool Abby got for her birthday and the girls loved splashing around in that (there are pictures, but that would require effort to go get the memory card!)

Today was filled with work, as will tomorrow and Wednesday. I am so not used to this end of the month push!! Whew - at least Thursday and Friday are the beginning of the month, and let's just say they may just need to include some ME time which must include a NAP (any Alfa readers better not rat on me!!)

Tonight we went to Gunter's Mountain. Steadman sent out a special invite to come after church. Let's just say I must REALLY love "Steadmuffin" as Abby says to endure the torture EK put me through!!! We made it, made our appearance and left as soon as socially acceptable! (Drea - only old people and NO Late for Supper!) You know what's sad - we USED to be the ones who really only went to church to go to someone's house after and see and be seen - we are SO OLD!!!!!! I somewhat fondly remember the days of having like 75-100 teenagers bombard my house!!! (Speaking of - I have LOTS of old pictures!! I will have to post them one day just to torture a few bloggers around here!!!)

So - I'm whiny, tired, half-sick, half-mono - whatever!!! Sorry - no inspiration here - just ick!!!!!

Praying for a better - non-whiny - week!!!! Love and perky days to all!!

3 comments:

Drea said...

I am proud that I wasn't whining alone! Mom's should never have to be sick- it is truly unfair! And take a nap/rest day and call it a "celebrating the first of the month- day" You know JD would!! lol

Nicole said...

Revivals were SO much more fun and less work when we were teenagers! I don't think kids these days even know the name of the games we used to play :)

Amy said...

Your comments about Abby at Target cracked me up. We did the exact same thing with AC this weekend and a gift card from my aunt and we were there an HOUR AND 15 MINUTES because the child could not make up her mind. I thought Chris was going to scream!!! :)

You need some rest! Take care of yourself :)