Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Thankful Recap

I NEEDED to catch up! I NEEDED to remember the good things that make my heart thankful every day! It's a vicious cycle - the pointless, time consuming, mindless details of our every day grind seem to take up SO much more memory space than these wonderful, memory making events. Why can't I focus on those times, and being thankful for these times and NOT stress over whether the laundry and dishes are done, if every file on my desk is in order and taken care of, what to where when and what time we'll have to leave to maybe get there on time......that's not to mention bills and all those other lovely things to clutter your day!

I am SO thankful! Thankful for my wonderful husband who is an even more wonderful father to our two beautiful girls. Thankful for my two beautiful, healthy, full-of-themselves daughters who I would do anything for! Thankful for our precious daughter waiting on us to join her in Heaven for the ultimate family reunion. Thankful for our wonderful parents who are always there to support us (Special kudos to my wonderful, rock-solid, ever "wisdomous" Daddy - HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!) Thankful for our jobs, our home..........mostly just for our Heavenly Father for allowing me to experience this long list of "thankfuls".

The "thankfuls" go on and on......I am SO thankful that another healthy baby was born to our friends. They walked the terrible road of losing a child before us, and were there for us when we joined them on the journey. After many years of praying, worrying and wondering, they welcomed a beautiful, healthy baby girl to complete their family. Praise the Lord!

SO thankful for those close to us who have had a transformation that can only come with the saving grace of our Father. What an awesome blessing to see what HE can change in a person's life!

Just Thankful.............I needed that reminder :-)

3 comments:

Cassie said...

And I needed you to say all that to help me remember that HE is in control - nothing is too hard for Him, "No you can't ask too much of my God." Been having different things really bother my mind and just make me think "What are we going to do!" But I need to remember all the other things He has done for me and you and so many others that let me know - He will take care of everything.

Sherrill said...

His faithfulness is to all generations. . .the lists don't go away, the "busyness" continues, but the list of "thankfuls" just gets longer and longer. . .Ain't God good? He took care of our grandparents and He'll take care of our grandchildren. . .and He's got angels encamped around us. I love Him. For my list of thankfuls (which definitely encompasses all of yours - plus more!)

Marty said...

:) :) :).....enough said.