Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!!

Here are some pictures from our Easter weekend. Right now I'm trying not to hurt Blogger, so they are in no particular order!! We had a great weekend full of class parties, church activities and egg hunts (complete with a bloody knee mishap for Miss Abby during the mad egg dash!) and Easter Sunday with family. I NEVER seem to get a good family shot on Easter, but I promise - we were all there and with coordinating outfits, thank you very much!!










Easter is everything to a Christian - it defines what we believe, and why we continue to believe in the darkest of hours. A dear friend of ours, Alvie McKenzie, penned a song many years ago that says it all - it's worth 30 seconds for you to read. No one could say it better :)

I wasn't there on that morning when my Lord was crucified.
I wasn't there in the evening when He bowed His head and died.
And though I haven't seen the tomb where they laid Him long ago.
I believe that He arose again and He's living in my soul.

I can feel that holy power. The same that rolled the stone away.
I can feel that precious spirit that gently woke him on that day.
Though the world may not believe it, I know He's still alive today.
For I can feel that holy power, the same that rolled the stone away.

Sometimes Satan comes against me and tries to make me doubt.
Saying this will be the trial, oh you'll never make it out.
But if the spirit that raised Jesus in my heart, it still abides.
There's not a mountain I can't get over for I've got Jesus on my side.


1 comment:

The Pritchett Parade said...

I love love love that song first and second I never get a good family picture on Easter either!!!