Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fun in the Sun and Rain

What a fun weekend!! We started at Panoply Friday night. We always have so much fun! Abby is a craft QUEEN, so it is right up her ally! We liked the new layout, but didn't figure out that a lot of the crafts and the always loved drum tent was on the other side until about 5 minutes before it started raining!!! Needless to say, we banged a few drums and ran out without the Dipping Dots. No worries - we found plenty of ice cream later at Dairy Queen :)

Speaking of Dairy Queen - Did you know there's only 1 left in Huntsville?? Gracious! That was a childhood staple at my house! It was such a special treat! My Granddaddy would always take me and get the "nusual". That would be the three year way of saying the "usual" which in my book was a giant peanut buster parfait!!! He never tried to talk me into getting something smaller or less expensive. The "nusual" was just fine with him. Sweet, simple memories!!! I think we (or at least I) try WAY to hard to create "scrapbook worthy" moments for the girls, I don't know who I'm kidding - I've never scrap-booked or at this point will ever have time too, so why worry?? They remember the smallest, simple trips to the park with a Happy Meal in hand much more than those crazy, high-ticket EVENTS I convince myself they just MUST go to - complete with a coordinated outfit to go with it! No wonder I'm stressed - I'm doing it to myself!

ANYWAY - back to Panoply! LOTS of fun wandering around. The weather was great (until the rain), and we ran into several friends!
Kensley & Keelie - Isn't Kensley's hair coming in just too cute!! You should see the curls in the back! I'm SO happy to be her Aunt Steph and Uncle Stewie :)
We also ran into Lillee. I think this was on the run trying to get to the drums before it started raining!

Sunday, Mom came to visit the girls (and maybe me and Stew, too). They have been gone on a trip for a week, so she was having Mimi withdrawals. We just ate KFC and played on the swingset - FUN!!!

Simple....simple.......I'm trying my best to remember! :)

Busy days ahead - lots of end of the year school events, birthday parties, Daisy Scout events, violin recitals, gymnastic showcase, AND I have to go back to Montgomery next week for more training! At least it's just ONE week this time!!! Be on the lookout for lots of pics to come!







1 comment:

Lacey MaRanda said...

Your girls are so cute...I remember seeing Abby at about 1 yr old...she was what I thought was the prettiest little girl I had ever seen...now I have my own and would tote a pretty dirty look if I said that...LOL...anyway c-ya later