Thursday, October 8, 2009

PLEASE PRAY

These are our very special friends - The Kelly's. Dustin, Melissa, Kensley (6) and Konnor (7)

Last night on their way from Disney to Gulf Shores, they were in a tragic accident on I10. The car they were driving hydroplaned and hit a culvert. The kids were thrown from the vehicle and Dustin and Melissa were trapped. After a long night, Dustin, Melissa and Konnor have been released. They are all very banged up and sore with a variety of stitches, bruises, etc.
Kensley needs all the prayers you have to send. She has a traumatic brain injury, has had surgery to stop the bleeding on the brain, and is now on a breathing tube in a "wait and see" mode. There is a subdural hematoma that they hope will subside and they are also watching to see if additional swelling will occur. This is a precious angel in th sight of God. I know He holds all in his hands, but please help us pray for Kensley's swift recovery, no lasting side effects, and comfort for the family.


Here is a link to their family blog; however it is not being updated right now. This is also a link to a news story showing the car. God was certainly watching over them as I'm sure He still is now!

4 comments:

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

How awful!!! Will remember them in my prayers!!

~jennifer

A Wife and a Teacher said...

Hi, I found your blog through Jennifer's. I went to high school (Madison County High) with Dustin. I remember he was always so nice and kind. I will keep them in my prayers!!!

Sarah

Amy said...

Stephanie,
I saw this on TV last night and it absolutely broke my heart. I haven't been on the computer in days or I would have read this earlier. I can't imagine how scared they must be right now. We are praying for them!

Stephanie T said...

Ladies,

Please check out the Praying for Kensley blog that is linked from my site. It will give you all the information!

Thanks for your prayers!