Thursday, November 25, 2010

THANKFUL

Today I am thankful for SO much......


1. I am thankful for a loving Savior whose mercy is bigger than I can imagine. His love reaches farther and hurts deeper than we ever could - amazing.

2. I am thankful for my wonderful husband. He is maddening some days, but he's the only one who has seen me at the lowest point and chose to stick around even when I wasn't as skinny and life wasn't as simple as it was 10 years ago. If you want to test a marriage, endure a tragedy together. Check the statistics - marriages don't usually endure the hard stuff. Ours has and will continue to.

3. I am thankful for my first born little singer, Abby. Oh me what this little girl has meant to us. She was a wonderful baby - perfect in every way in our eyes. Since then, this little soul has experienced more than most her age and handles it beautifully. She has spoken words of comfort to us that I'm sure God was trying to tell us, but she was the only one listening. She is a bright light with a sweet heart. AND she FINALLY lost her first tooth - she declared she would be the last one in the first grade to lose one :)



4. I am thankful for my second born angel, Olivia. I would have never chosen to be the mommy of an angel, but I am. Her life and death have changed me like nothing else ever has. I hope I can fulfill whatever purpose He has for me in this situation.

5. I am thankful - oh so thankful - for our rainbow/thunderstorm Ellie Kate. (Those who know her understand the addition of the thunderstorm analogy - ) She wasn't planned or thought of, but certainly dreamed of. After losing Olivia, there was no way I thought I was strong enough to endure another pregnancy again. God knew better. Just when I thought I couldn't bear it, He chose to prove to me that I could. Those months being pregnant with her while still grieving shook me to the core. I had to beg God just to get me through the next day - there was NO WAY I could dream of a life with two healthy, happy girls. But, that's what He blessed me with! Every day with her is a promise - an outward sign of God's faithfulness to our family - our rainbow :) She's a mess, and on those nights when she won't sleep or those days when she spends most of it face down screaming over her latest obsession, it's hard to put it all in perspective, but oh how I'd much rather be up all night with a sassy little girl than crying over what could have been!

6. I am thankful for my family. They are my rock and foundation and the reason I am who I am. I could go on and on with this one, but without Mom and Dad I simply wouldn't be who I am, with the values I have, or with the deep trust that HE will deliver in all situations.

7. All the daily stuff - jobs, homes, friends.........so thankful for it all!

God is a masterful conductor. I am thankful to be just a little part of the band!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

2 comments:

Sherrill said...

35 years ago, I was expecting (like you, "unexpectedly") a baby. I was fighting to keep my sanity from day to day - because I had two little angels in Heaven already. Hopeful and yet, very honestly, fighting "doubtful".

Fast forward 32 years. Standing in a hospital room trying to get my head around the fact that my precious child was now going to have to fight the heartaches and the demons that go along with it when your child doesn't live and it seems you have failed or are being punished for some unknown (but GREATLY imagined reason). . .surely this can't be happening. . .my child can't have to suffer this. . .

2010. All down through the years, I have learned that through great tribulation comes great joy. But I wouldn't have even dared to dream that my joy here on earth would be so full this morning. I see how He was working in my precious child's life when I wanted HER to be innocent and naive of those sufferings.

His faithfulness endures to ALL generations. I believe that with all my soul. I may not be here to see it - and I don't know what the technology will be for sharing these testimonies (LOL) - but I fully expect my grandchildren to be telling of His marvelous grace. He'll still be putting the puzzle pieces in place.

Thank You, Jesus. :-)

Lacey MaRanda said...

beautiful...simply beautiful post...gave me chill bumps...think of you quite often...I send up a pitiful little prayer for ya when you cross my mind