Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Birthday My Sweet Angel

To my sweet Olivia,

Happy 3rd birthday sweet girl!! It’s hard to believe it’s been 3 years since you came into our family! In some ways it feels like an eternity, and in many it was only yesterday. I wonder what you look like and what kind of personality you would have. Your two sisters couldn’t be any more different, and I wonder how you would fit in the mix!

I know you are perfect in every way – happy, healthy and at peace. I have met other Mommies who have angels in Heaven. I’m sure you are all going to have a glorious party to celebrate your big day. Be sure and give Papa and Grandy big hugs from us today when they come to the party.

I wonder almost every day why God chose you to be with Him instead of letting me keep you here with me. We’ll never know that answer, but Daddy and I always want to be the parents of special angels that God wants us to be. Only a few ever get this opportunity, and we want to make sure we do everything in a way that would bring Him honor. You must be very special to be chosen by God :)

Here are some pictures of a special party we had for you here on Earth. Ellie Kate couldn’t really understand why we were letting the balloons come to you, but big sister Abby stepped in to help! Abby thinks of you often, and she goes out almost every night to find your star. I’m sure as Ellie Kate gets older, she will tell her all about you and how special you are to our family.

We love you sweet girl – have a wonderful birthday!

Mommy, Daddy, Abby and Ellie Kate


6 comments:

Melissa Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Olivia! That was a very touching post Steph and we are thinking of y'all this week.

Sherrill said...

Sweet angels. . .blessed be the name of the Lord. "She'll ALWAYS be a special part of our family". . .thank You, sweet Jesus, for sending consolation through a 3 year old when we were too full of emotion to hear you ourselves. He is faithful. And I love Him.

Brandy said...

What a touching post Stephanie...I am not sure I would have as much grace and understanding as you do. What an inspiration. I will be thinking about all of y'all....

Nicole said...

So sweet!!!!

Mommy Grits said...

Oh Stephanie, I am so glad you shared your blog with me. I am so happy Paige and Abby now have this bond of sisters in heaven. I am always amazed at how God shows us tiny glimpses of his mercy, love and grace through the lives of children. His love is so much more immense than we can even comprehend. What a glorious thing to take your first steps in heaven, right into the arms of Jesus! Happy Birthday Olivia, dance, dance, dance!

Amy said...

Oh Stephanie, I type this with tears in my eyes as I join you in honoring Olivia's memory on her special day. You are right - we will never understand why God chose for our babies to be with Him instead of us, but we do know that His ways are perfect. I'm sure that Olivia had quite the celebration in Heaven and I have to believe that Melissa attended that party. You and I wouldn't even know each other had God not chosen to take them both home, so I have to believe that they are friends too :) God bless you for your testimony through this storm. I know that He will honor your faith! You are a testimony to other grieving mommies and I know that God is using Olivia's death to bring glory to Him.

Happy Birthday to your sweet angel!

Amy

p.s. And your sweet mother's comments made me cry even more :) She has such a beautiful way of seeing things!