Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Poor Baby!

Poor EK - she has been sick more days than not in her short 23 months! I declare I raise the snottiest kids ever (Dr. Laue agrees!) Abby has had 2 sets of tubes in her ears and her adenoids out. I knew as we started the cycle again this Fall, we had to get a handle on things before the winter cooties set in! What made EK's ear/snot cycle worse was that hers went straight to her breathing and led to MANY rounds of antibiotics/breathing treatments.....no one sleep for months - you get the picture!

So, she had her adenoids taken out and her tubes in her ears checked to make sure everything was working. She was SUCH a handful, poor thing! It hurt her feelings more than anything. It took almost a week for our sweet feisty girl to get back to normal. She was just in a funk - couldn't get any kind of sleeping or eating schedule back on track. There was one night that she had chosen to like Stewart and NOT me (we had the opposite most of the weekend). That night, I was trying to ask her questions and she literally would not even look at me!! Stewart would ask her the same thing and she would turn her head toward him and answer!! She even shot me a few looks like, "Yes, I hear you, but I'm choosing not to!!" One night after rocking and rocking, we finally just put her in the bed. She threw everything out of her room (there's a gate at her door) while screaming, "DADDY....MOMMY!" I promise you should have heard the tone.....it was more like a 13 year old screaming "I hate you!!" As my Dad would say......OOOOOOHHH SSAAAAAAAA (imagine some redneck yoga chant meant to relax, and that's what this is - HA!) It only lasted 10 minutes, and when we were brave enough to peek in her room, she had gotten in bed, covered herself up neatly with her favorite blanket and was sleeping like a peaceful little angel.

Oh me, what we have to look forward to :) Here's the drama queen with her new obsession, BAWOONS (Thanks Mimi!). This was just about an hour after - she looks pitiful.
She is finally getting back to normal, and we hope this helps! Fingers crossed.......

No comments: