Monday, January 12, 2009

What was I thinking?

Whew - I'm not sure what I was thinking! I have been looking forward to this maternity leave for a long time. Not to overstate the obvious, but I knew if I got to this point, it meant I had a baby that needed me to be home to take care of it. That has happened (Praise the Lord!) I also had these grand visions of the things I could get re-organized, catch up on scrap booking, lounge around and read books all after I took care of Ellie Kate's needs. HA! I know there are countless women now reading this shaking their heads thinking, "Oh that poor delusional girl!" I'm doing good to get a shower every day and making sure everyone gets where they need to be, somewhat on time (which in our family usually means 10 minutes late) with clean clothes on! Hopefully I'll get some kind of routine going here soon, but in the meantime here are some pictures I did manage to snap over the last few days.


Here are a couple of shots from Ellie Kate's first outing to church - just getting dressed was enough to send her into a deep sleep!


This was on the carousel at Bridge Street. We took advantage of one of the last days before Stewart and Abby both went back to school to just enjoy some family time!


This past weekend, Abby was a flower girl in her cousin, Beth's, wedding. She was over the top about getting dressed up in her dress and cape and getting her hair done. Look at her in the picture with Beth - Abby kept calling them the snow princesses!



I hope to have the link to the proofs from the newborn session with Christy soon - I'll let you know!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Stephanie,
Ellie Kate is adorable! I am so glad God allowed us to experience the rainbow after the storm (just as he did us).

I laughed when I read your post. I remember when I was on maternity leave with Lily, I planned to clean out closets, put photos in albums, etc and two years later, I still haven't gotten around to it :) On most days, it was all I could do to just shower. Just enjoy this time with her, and know you have years down the road to get things done!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Yep, you're right I'm shaking my head and laughing!!!

Abby is so cute in that dress and I had forgotten how much Beth looked like Chris.

It does get better and there will be some days when you actually accomplish something (but not many).