Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm going on a date!

These would be happy words if this applied to me, but these words came from the lips of our 4 1/2 year old diva! Last night while we were eating supper, Abby announced she was going on a date with a boy from school. After Stewart both looked at each other in shock, we proceeded to see if she really knew what she meant. Oh she did!! After more discussion, we figured out that she had acquired this new terminology after Stewart told her he was taking me out on a date for my birthday a few weeks ago. She not only remembered, but decided it must be a cool thing to do! Oh me - she picks up on everything!! I'm telling you - I don't have to wait until she's 13 to be worried. I'm starting now! She's already "married" this same little boy from her class, so we may be in for it when she really does get old enough to entertain all of these thoughts!

Things are here are busy but very good! Ellie Kate is growing so much! She has already outgrown almost all of her newborn clothes and sent me scrambling to see what she has in the next size. Unfortunately Abby was born in the summer so the hand-me-downs don't work out just yet!

Here's a cute picture from the other night. Abby loves for Ellie Kate to join us for her bedtime story :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this will break Papaw's heart!

Anonymous said...

I love it, I love it, I love it!!!!!

Of course I'm glad it's Stewart's fault and not Morgan or McKenzie's that she know's what that is!

:)