Thursday, January 29, 2009

Divas

It's official - I'm raising two divas!! We've known this for a while with Abby. There's simply no denying it! I'm sure something I've done in raising her has led to this, and I'm sure I'll regret it (already do some days :)). There is no doubt she is a girly girl!! Now Ellie Kate is making her own statement that she is going to follow in her big sister's footsteps!! She has let me know, in no uncertain terms, that we will be doing things HER way and not mine!! Let's just say that my back and shoulders are screaming from holding her all week because that's just the way she likes it! I think I need to investigate a sling/carrier! I might get something done that way! Don't let anyone kid you - I LOVE IT, and wouldn't have it any other way than their way - within reason! That said, someone slap me if my kids get TOO obnoxious and I seem to not notice - HA!

Here is Abby having a tea party with her "friends". This is one of the few times she has played alone since EK was born. She used to disappear all the time and play, but now she stays underfoot constantly. I guess she's afraid she'll miss something!! Hopefully, this is just a new sibling thing that will resolve itself!

This is a shot of EK's developing nursery. I will post better pics when it is done, but EK seemed to like her first look at her crib, and as you can see, Abby had fun "helping" me get things together!




Valentine's Picture - This is Abby and one of her friends, Kensley. Aren't they cute?? Thanks Marty, oh sorry, AUNT Marty!!


Look how big Ellie Kate is getting!! She is already almost 13 pounds!! We have a checkup next week. I'm afraid Dr. Laue is going to wonder if we've already started feeding her Happy Meals!



One last clip - I know I have gotten this in an email before, but one of the teachers I work with sent this to me this week. She is struggling with things in her own family right now, so I hope this helped her as much as it did me. Maybe it will you too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got a black/white sling if you want to use it. It's practically brand new!
~April