Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

Every year I have the same two resolutions - get more organized and lose weight. It's like a weird tradition. I stress myself out over both of these topics for 4-6 weeks, give up, and get back to life as usual. This year is a little different. I am still doing my every year tradition of buying storage bins and making big plans for how to organize every closet, drawer, nook and cranny and keep it that way. I've also already planned for my 6 month Weight Watcher membership and have added a Wii Fit to the list this year. But this year I am going to try to just let it go and enjoy every minute of my family! I know that sounds simple, but for all of those type A, slightly OCD moms out there (give it up - you know who you are!) this is harder than it sounds! I have the most wonderful gift of a great husband, and 2 healthy children. This is everything I have prayed for and I intend to enjoy it! I don't know why I can get so wrapped up in the "stuff" of everyday life that I forget to look around and enjoy my blessings, but I am determined to start! Will my house be perfectly clean, organized, and will I be a size 8 - NOPE! Will I be more relaxed and appreciative of what the Lord has given us - I think so! The journeys we have been on the last 18 months have certainly been unexpected and trying and most days I had to keep busy just to stay sane. Now I think it's time I sit back, take a deep breath and just say "thank you"!


On that note - a dear friend of mine sent this You Tube clip to help me while we were in the hospital with Ellie Kate. It is a testimony and song from a Christian artist. Watch it and listen closely - you may even have to listen a couple of times to really comprehend the depth of what he says. The second part of his testimony is what really touches me - Amazing! (Thanks Becky!)

New pictures of the girls soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:-)

I'm so proud of you.

The Reno Family said...

Stephanie,

You may or may not remember me, but my maiden name was Crystal Duckworth (now Reno) and I was a student of Stewart's his first year at Bob Jones.

I found your blog through Amy George. I work at Huntsville Hospital Foundation and became friends with Amy while working here.

Your girls are beautiful! Please tell "Mr. Thorson" that I said hello.

Take Care!
Crystal