Thursday, July 2, 2009

Out of Gear

We are officially out of gear! This happens to us during the summer. With both of us being "off" it makes for an interesting lack of routine. Mind you, I have worked more days than not since school was out, and Stewart is writing half time shows for 3 high school bands this summer. Add that to lots of projects (welcome and not) and trying to make fun days for the girls, and I would hardly call the last few weeks relaxing! We all tend to start staying up late and, in years past, would sleep late to make up for it. Ellie Kate hasn't caught on to this yet, so we all stay up late and she still gets us at 6:30 every day!

That being said, it's been a fun few weeks. Father's Day was special for all my special men in the family. I know it was a tough day for Stewart since losing his dad, but it was a great day for daddy and his girls! I have such an awesome Daddy and wouldn't trade our father/daughter relationship for anything in the world! He is one of the single reasons I am the way I am and think the way I think. My relationship with God is stronger because of the morals and beliefs he and my mother taught me growing up, and and their example is one I could only dare to achieve! I am so glad to see Stewart building that same bond with our girls. There are just some things that only a Daddy can do! I'm also so glad to see the relationship that has grown between my dad and Stewart. What more could I ask than the two most important men in my life share things and have a close relationship? Mind you, if you ask them in person they will both come up with some smart alec quip about the other one, but I know the truth! (wink, wink!)
We've had several play dates at a friend's pool and gone to Spring Valley Beach. Both girls have had photo sessions which I hope to be sharing proofs very soon! We aren't going on an "official" vacation this year, so we've had several in-town, one-day mini vacations!

It seems like I have more to say, but somehow I can't get my heart and mind in the same direction lately. I've noticed since we lost Olivia that this happens. It's like I'm teetering somewhere in the depths of my mind. I can't focus on daily activities. It's like there's something else going on that I really want to concentrate on but can't. Sometimes, the Lord has provided me with some insight through these times and sometimes He has simply allowed me the "permission" to be human and not have it together all the time! There are a lot of things I am praying for in our family right now and so many things I desire for the Lord to work through us/with us/for us. Perhaps I will find the words soon to express. Right now, I am trying to concentrate my thoughts on enjoying our family, and knowing that all of these other things will be handled by the one who can take care of it all! Stewart keeps saying he is going to update the blog - here's your chance!!

Here are a couple of fun shots from the last few weeks......


1 comment:

Mom said...

"Teetering somewhere in the depths of my mind. . ."

Out of the mouths of babes! (At least a babe compared to me - LOL)

I know EXACTLY what you mean. When you need to find the words you will - until then I think the "teetering" is an exercise that leads to growth in your own spirit.
:-)


Enjoy out of gear for as long as you can! When you have to get in gear again, try to go in low. . .you and your family will both enjoy it better than running circles at 90 mph!