Sunday, July 26, 2009

Exciting Times!

WHEW!! We've had some exciting days the last week or so, but somehow excitement is exhausting!! We've just finished up revival at church which equates to 13 services over the course of the week. I'm sure when I have the brainpower to reflect on the good things we heard and witnessed I will feel more "revived", but right now all I can say is WHEW!

Abby got a big surprise Friday night. Papaw and Mimi called to invite her to go to Disney World! The biggest surprise was that they left yesterday! It's a company trip that has been in the works, but we kept it a secret just in case something fell through. So after a long night Friday night of church, cleaning the fellowship hall, last minute packing for DW (which is NOT easy!), both girls decided they just couldn't be bothered with sleep. EK has a new tooth coming in that's driving her crazy and Abby just couldn't sleep for thinking about which ride she wanted to ride first!

Yesterday I helped Stewart pack his offices and get them ready to go to his new office (all around running in the doc-in-the-box to get shots for my sinus crud that just won't let go!). It was a little sad :( Abby was scheduled to enter Kindergarten at JVE in a couple of weeks, but plans have changed with Stewart's new job. She will now attend HCES (where we live) instead. I'm sure it is a wonderful place, but I was already very comfortable with the people, atmosphere, kids, etc. at JVE and that was taking some of my "Mommy anxieties" away. I went and filled out her paperwork at HCES Friday, and they were very welcoming. I know it's not that big a deal, but it seems some of the biggest worries for me has always been where my children went for care, learning, etc. The plight of a working mother is that you are leaving your children in someone else's hands for typically more hours of the day than you will interact with them! That's a biggie!!! Add to that how to get them there and home and still keep your own job! Luckily Stewart's mom and grandmother are going to step in and help out with those details - what would I do without them??

Today, I'm off to Mobile!!! (Seriously, my friends this week have all been looking at me like I was a lunatic saying, "How are you handling all this???) It's for a conference for work and I will be gone three days. Stewart and his mom will have EK, and Abby is in DW, so if I can gather the brainpower to get myself packed (EK decided she liked staying up all night last night too :( ) I am off. I hate to leave, but right now the car ride down there is looking like an awesome nap opportunity (sorry travel mates!) and the thought of 2 nights alone in a hotel room with no baby monitor waking me every 15 minutes is somehow refreshing! Terrible isn't it? We work so hard to get them here. It's just a fact of life that mothers have to accept - sometimes we need a break!!! We sacrifice for everyone else all day everyday to the point of our own neglect and lack of personal well-being. There's got to be a healthier balance! If you've figured it out, let me know!

When I return from the conference, it's back to work full time for me. Then in just a couple of weeks - KINDERGARTEN!! I am already holding back tears!

Hope everyone is well. If you have any "slow-down, manage life events without extreme self-sacrificing measures" PLEASE let me know :)

1 comment:

The HoneaBees said...

I am so excited to find out where Stewart will be! Maybe he will still be there in a couple of years when my kids start! That would be such a blessing!!