Monday, June 15, 2009

My Little 5 Year Old

Oh me - I write this post in shock! Abby turned 5 today! We have had a full birthday bash weekend. She had a pool party with some of her friends Saturday at a friend's house. It was scheduled to start at 11:00 and it poured down rain until 10:30 and then cleared up into a beautiful afternoon! The only stress was me trying to set up the whole thing in 30 minutes or less!




Today, she got to go spend her Toys R Us gift card we gave her (she thought it was a credit card :)) She chose a Ipod Nano.......who knew a 5 year old knew such things? Anyway, we went on for swimming lessons and then fun at Bridge Street. She splashed in the water fountains and rode the carousel before we met my Mom for a special birthday lunch. Abby was determined that someone at a restaurant needed to sing to her. She is such a ham! She LOVED the attention! We ended today with a family supper with her grandparents and great-grandparents. It was so sweet to see that she was just as excited, if not more, to have her "family" party as she was with her friends on Saturday.


I'm trying not to think about it too much......Kindergarten is just around the corner - YIKES! How thankful I have always been for Abby, but even more so now! It seems you never appreciate life until it is lost. Abby has been and still is the light in our world. She kept us going through days we didn't think we could. The Lord sent words through her that we needed to hear. She was my reason to get up and face the day. She has more understanding about Heavenly things than many 5 year olds, but maybe this is an early part of her work too. We love you sweet and sassy Abby!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Happy birthday to that precious little girl!!

Amy

Love my 2 BoYs! said...

Happy Birthday to Abby! Looks like she had lots of fun!! Love that b-day cake :)
Its hard to believe for me still that my baby is 5 and will be a kindergartner, times are flying by :(