Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We're BAAAACCKKKK........


WHEW! We're back! I mean this on several fronts. Let me explain.

A couple of posts ago, I lamented that our hard drive had crashed. Well, turns out it was the entire motherboard (sounds like a Star Trek reference!). When they tried to replace it, the new one fried too. Thank goodness for tax refund money! Every year we have such plans to pay off things, save, invest in college funds, etc. Every year unexpected expenses pop up right around the time we get our refund. Thank you Lord that you provide it when we need it!! I am now typing on my new MAC that came today!! We made the switch - we are all MAC at our house now! A little scary, I know! For the last month, I've had to share computers with Stewart. Sounds a little spoiled, but he has CONSTANT work to do with his Ed.S. degree he is working on, so my requests to check blogs, read emails, pay bills, etc. seemed trivial in his busy world. I did sneak on some, but not nearly enough!! So, here I sit in front of a GIANT, TV like screen with the tiniest keyboard and "smart" mouse. It's definitely smarter than me!!

We're also back from a Spring Break get-a-way! We ventured out to the new water park resort in Sevierville. If you haven't been and you have kids, you should plan a trip soon! It's a little pricey, but considering it has restaurants, arcades, and more water activities than you can name, you could go and never leave! Taking into consideration all the places you could go and tickets you would buy makes the room price not bad! Check out their website!
I also feel like saying "I'm BACK" in the everyday, I think I can do it, I know what my name is, we all have a supply of clean clothes and underwear waiting, I'm pretty sure we'll make it another day - sense of things!! I've been in a FUNK the last few months! I'm blaming it on transitions (I don't do well with changes in routines!!), too many sick days, and not enough sunshine!! Just the past few days have felt so much more like ME! With Mom's help, I reorganized and repurposed a few areas in the house this weekend. All of you with growing babies know about constantly re-thinking where to play, how to store toys, etc as they grow, develop, and learn to get into new things. We were long overdue making our playroom safe for EK to play in! It had been Abby's palace full of tiny toys easily swallowed for TOO long! We spent too much time running after EK making sure she didn't have anything in her mouth! No more! Abby has a play area in her bedroom now with her "big girl" things, and the playroom is safely shared by both girls! I'm still about 5 loads shy of getting all the laundry caught up, and now I need to switch the closets to spring clothes, but hey, at least I'm moving in the right direction!!

I have MUCH more to say.......but I'm trying not to have a forever long post here! Stay tuned for more ramblings........

1 comment:

Nicole said...

The girls look super cute in their swimsuits.