Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Just one of those days.....

AAArrrgggg........... that's what I'm feeling......just aarrrrggggg.....

Forgive the rambling - maybe if I get it out it will help. Somehow writing is therapeutic. May as well try. This is your warning - probably nothing inspiring here!

1. My hard drive crashed!!!!! I've NEVER had this happen! I've taught tech classes for years, and never have I ever had anything like this happen! One day it was fine, the next gone!!! I can reload emails and contacts, I'm not as worried about the files, but MY PICTURES!!! I'm backed up from Abby's birth until her 4th birthday! Hello - that eliminates a year and a half of her life and ALL of EK's life!!!!! EVERYTHING!!! I'm digging for memory cards, checking work computers, Shutterfly albums, etc. I'm sure I'll find a way, but the thought is making me want to alternately throw up and squall!!

2. My "rookie" status at work is starting to wear on me. I LOVE, LOVE my new job and the opportunities it offers! I am SO thankful that the Lord has provided it, but the learning curve is STEEP! Everyone says, "Don't worry, it will come. You will never know it all, etc." But I'm exhausted from turning in circles trying to do the right thing and then hoping and praying I did! This will sound really exalted, but going from KNOWING what I was doing and doing it well, to not having a CLUE is wearing on my nerves!

3. Layla Grace - most of you know about her. If you don't, here is her site. The death of a child brings it ALL back. Completely different circumstances, but the death of a child just hits TOO close to home. As much as I've tried to pray for the family, but not get pulled into the details, it's like a haunting in the back of my spirit that I can't escape from.

Just one of those days - all the tiny details fell apart in my lap. Were any of them life shattering - absolutely not! Meanwhile, they've put my grandmother in the hospital. Thankfully, it is a condition that she has battled for several years, and this episode doesn't seem to be a super serious one.

Just one of those days where you want to go back to bed and start over to see if the details fall in place this time!!

Good notes - had a GREAT Girl's Night Out with some GF's from church! Great times!! Tomorrow is another day - I WILL roll out of bed on the other side and keep rolling. Just one of those aaaarrrgggg..... kind of days!



2 comments:

candih said...

Guess what honey.....Ron works on computers DAILY and our hard drive crashed a couple of weeks ago.......Do you want to know the last time it was backed up????? 2006!!!!!

It seems to be one of those things that isn't "life threatening" so I'll "get to it later"...........until it goes wrong! :)

Maybe today will be better!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I lost almost all of my pictures several years ago (before we had kids). Then last year our computer crashed. We had bought 2 portable hard drives, 1 for pictures and 1 for everything else. Unfortunately, I had not moved my pics to it yet. After much praying, I was able to keep the computer up long enough to get the pictures off. Now I try to keep them backed up on DVD's as well as the portable hard drive. Glad you have your pictures and hope this never happens to you again.
Melodie Allen