Sunday, February 28, 2010

MY plans - NOT

Well.....so much for holding out the fort here!! The bug slowly made its way through all of us in cruel fashion this week! Poor Abby definitely had it the worst, though! Tuesday night, a full three days since she got sick (you know - just long enough to worry yourself sick and then convince yourself that it has been long enough and you have all escaped) I came down with it! Mine came with fever and the works which put me in the bed Wednesday and part of Thursday. I made it up Thursday to go to work a while, only to get a call from Stewart that he was going home early - he didn't feel right ~yikes~. So I get home to find him in the bed. He was a big boy about it and said go on with our normal Thursday gymnastics, etc. So I took off with both girls (still feeling completely weak kneed and nauseous, but determined to get on with something called "normal") We got back home, I gave the girls a bath and boom - here went Ellie Kate!! Poor Abby, she just cried convinced that she had "given" her germs to poor EK!! I got Abby in the bed and spent the next few hours dealing with one strong 15 month old! She was determined to play her way through it :) Poor baby, it finally got the best of her, and it hurt her feelings SO bad!

It was a long night, but Friday awoke to Abby skipping off to school, Stew feeling better, and EK making a fairly quick and strong recovery considering. It's now a beautiful Sunday, and as I sit looking back, it kind of feels like I am looking over the remnants of a battlefield. We won, we're still alive, but WHEW the aftermath!!! Gotta love contagious bugs!!! I've always laughed that when I get to Heaven (hoping of course that I DO!), I wanted to ask God a few (trivial)questions - #1 - Why can't everyone just be a healthy size 8 and call it a day? #2 - Why in the WORLD did you allow things like stomach viruses to exist!!! YUKKO!!

One note of spiritual interest - of course I've admitted before that I have some strange panic when it comes to stomach viruses and their spread through the family. We've survived another. Hopefully I can put this in my arsenal of tools to stand on. Sounds simplistic, but I guess the Devil will get you on any side He can. Poor Abby - Friday morning, when I woke her up for school, she asked me if EK was ok and had she thrown up anymore after she went to bed. I told her she was better, but yes she had been sick in the night. She just started squalling! When I got her to stop and tell me, she said she had prayed and begged God not to let her sissy be sick anymore and was SO sorry for giving it to her. :( :( I didn't know what to tell her! I just hugged on her, told her I was so proud of her for praying, EK was so much better, etc. and started getting her ready for school. What do you say when God doesn't answer prayers like you prayed? I don't know what to really tell myself, much less a 5 year old! Our ways our not His just don't add up in their little minds! What is even harder is knowing that this won't be her only battle with this question. I know I still have to actively control my thoughts and meditations to not wonder about unanswered prayers. "Farther along we'll know all about it........"

Anyway, I sit in a mountain of mail, bills to be paid, outgrown clothes that need to be stored, odds and ends of this coming season's clothes that need matches, accessories, etc. At least the laundry is done!!

No pictures - trust me - none needed or wanted this week!

We've got SUNshine - we're about to get out in it!!! The SONshine is there too.........trying to cultivate it and get it to wash it all away :)

Hoping for a great week for all!!

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Mommies and Daddies love their little ones more than anything on earth, but they can't give them everything they ask for, because they know that sometimes it is not what is best for them. God loves her better than that, and He is taking care of her and knowing what is best - even when He doesn't answer her prayers like she asked! Just like Mommy and Daddy (and Mimi and Papaw) can't always give her everything she asks for. :-) But they still love her a hundred bushels and a hundred pecks and will ALWAYS do what is best for her!

Amy said...

The stomach virus is the worst!! I'm hoping you are all back to normal soon. Poor babies! How sweet that Abby was so concerned about her sister :)

Drea said...

Well I guess we will fully blame New Harmony for this bug since we have ALL had it since the singing!!!! I am proud you all are better and I am thinking of a celebratory tossing of the Lysol when the weather hits 75 and STAYS!!!
And as for answers to those spiritual stumps that children throw at us.... good luck.... we get those alot here too :) I just count it as a blessing that they are actually thinking about the ways of the Lord!