Wednesday, September 16, 2009

"REAL" Bloggers

Get this, last night as Stewart and I were recapping the day, running over today's commitments, generally commenting on how CRAZY our schedule has been over the last few days, he looks at me and says, "REAL bloggers blog every day!" AS IF!!

Let me set this scene......for those of you who are friends on Facebook, I'm sure you saw this past weekend's laments that my 5 year old had 4 parties to attend this past weekend!! None were really any we could not go to, so you can imagine the marathon we ran this weekend! Not to mention the fact that Stewart and I went out of town last weekend by ourselves (more in a later post :)) which was wonderful, but in turn led to 20 loads of laundry waiting on me this past weekend! So Monday morning, I was exhausted and not even finished with the weekend's chores and facing another BUSY week! Well while I was in the doctor for a checkup Monday morning, Abby's school called - come get her, her ears hurt, the nurse says red with fluid! Yikes! Of course I had several work commitments I needed to finish that day. Tuesday I started out trying to work from home (not sure how anyone really is productive doing that!), ended up talking Abby into staying with Grammy while I went to work and tried to do a whole day's work in a half day! Oh - I forgot to mention - Stewart had class Monday night in Gadsden and a meeting Tuesday night, so I was also by myself all night with the chaos!

Ask me - did I know I hadn't opened the mail in a week, did I realize I hadn't updated the blog in forever, did I know that I was slowly but surely being buried alive by domestic bliss??? OF COURSE I DID! Did I really need him to innocently look over and say, "REAL bloggers blog every day!" Seriously!!

Why do I blog? I've always loved to write, when I found time to do it. I've never been a fancy journal girl, but I liked it when I had a topic. I guess I never had a topic until it became my therapy, my reality outlet, my communication tool after we lost Olivia. I was inspired by reading other's blogs. I've mentioned before, but Amy George is a true inspiration for me. I remember stumbling onto her blog in the early weeks after Olivia's death. I went all the way back to the beginning of her story. Reading her posts gave me courage. It made me know that others had walked this road. She stated things that I felt but couldn't put into words. I remember making Stewart sit down and read some of them and saying, "That's what I meant - that's what I feel like!" Check this article by Amy in this month's Valley Babies. What a great description of why we do what we do! I'm also overwhelmed at the people I have "met" through this outlet, and those who, for some reason, keep up with my family! I firmly believe God places people in your path at a time and reason under His guidance!

There are still so many things I would love to put into words that just aren't ready to come out yet. I guess that fruit still needs to ripen up a bit :) To that end, many posts are coming with lots of pictures and maybe even some with few words (especially for my husband who says my posts are TOO long!!)

To my REAL bloggers out there - keep it up!! Quantity is not necessarily quality!! A special HI to my new blogging friends - it's cool when your friends start jumping on the bandwagon! Check out some of the new links on the side :)

More soon :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Stephanie,
I hope you know what an inspiration you are to me too! You have handled Olivia's death with such grace, such faith and such honesty. You are an amazing woman!

And you are a "real" blogger - you know why? Because YOU are so REAL in everything you write and share. Thanks for being you! :)

Nicole said...

I can just visualize your face when Stewart said that. :)
Honestly I don't see how you have time to get online at all...much less blog everyday. Keep up the good work. LOL