Monday, May 11, 2009

The Day After Mother's Day

Happy Day After Mother's Day!

Why happy? Because it is over! I'm telling you, Hallmark certainly increases the stress levels of all ( most) Americans a few times a year and Mother's Day is one of them. This man made holiday can be the cause of such joy and such distress. Joy for those who have their mothers and their children by their sides to love and cherish. Distress for those who don't.

I truly had the best of both worlds this year. Last year was such a blur to me. We had just found out I was expecting again, and it was the first Mother's Day since we lost Olivia. My parents had this special canvas painted for me last year. It came from a quote Mom and I saw at a craft show, and ever since, has had special meaning to us. A friend of mine who has painted a lot in my house painted it, and even painted our family on the hill looking up at the stars.


This year, I had the memory of my angel, but two beautiful little girls to brighten my day! Stewart did an OUTSTANDING job on the presents this year!! Not too much expense, but lots of thought behind it. It meant SO much to me!! Abby also made some precious crafts at school. One of my favorites was a question and answer sheet where Abby drew a picture of me and answered questions about me like how old am I (15!) where did I like to shop (Target), what did I like to eat (spaghetti and sweet tea - Abby's favorites!) and my favorite - My Mommy is smart because she knows how to.....tell Daddy what to do!!!! HA! Out of the mouths of babes!!
Here are a few pictures from yesterday. I know it was such a hard day for so many. I spent the entire weekend being thankful for my blessings and the grace that is always sufficient! Somehow I forgot to get a picture of ME and my two babies - I was too busy with the camera myself!

Me and my mom (Mimi)

Mimi and her girls

My grandmother (Nana) and all her great-grandkids - Abby, Ellie Kate, Holden, Dacy & Cooper

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad to finally see a picture of your mom! We have emailed each other so much that I feel like I know her. What a precious picture of you "girls" together! I'm glad your Mother's Day was special.

Amy

Mimi said...

This may have been my very best Mother's Day ever. . .seeing my child full of joy and peace on Mother's Day. And my precious, beautiful little girls well and happy. All gifts from God. And I am so thankful.

Shannon Byrd said...

Great post; and I love the canvas! As you know, your mom recited the quote to me and Kellie when Alvie passed away, and I have never looked at the stars the same since!