Tuesday, April 14, 2009

March Details!

The March for Babies is this Saturday!!! I am so excited! I have lots of details to share!

  • This year’s march starts at Bridge Street just behind Connor’s Restaurant. The team needs to meet around 8:00 so we can gather together, make team pictures, etc. We should be pretty easy to spot in our shirts!
  • Here is a link to the route. http://dreammail.edgesuite.net/MarchOfDimes/Alabama/AlabamaImages090413/2009HuntsvilleWalkRoute.pdf I’ve had some concern over the length of the walk. If you look at a map, this is one continuous loop, but there are several places along the way that you could shorten it and head back to Bridge Street. This is NOT a competition with times, etc. No one will care if anyone bows out early (I may be the first one :))
  • At last year’s event, they had lots of activities after the walk that I was not expecting. They had BBQ for the participants, games for the kids, etc. I haven’t heard all the details for this year, but I’m guessing there will be fun stuff after the walk is over.
  • Speaking of kids – strollers and wagons are welcome!!
  • “Extra” walkers – invite everyone you know!! Anyone can join our team on Saturday to walk with us. If they want to register on the team page ahead of time, that would be great just so I can communicate with the team, but last minute walkers are always welcome. There is no registration, donation, etc. necessary. Just show up and walk!!
  • The shirts will be in today! The t-shirts are $10.00 and the baby onesies are $15.00. I ordered a couple of extra if anyone needs one. If you ordered one, email me and we can get together before Saturday or I can bring them to the march and you can get them there.
  • DONATIONS – If you have cash or check donations, I need the money ASAP! I need to turn it in this Thursday! Please contact me ASAP so we can figure out a time to meet. Please make sure you have gone online and recorded these donations on your page so they will count toward the team total. If you need help with this, let me know.

I am looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday! What started last year as my personal effort to memorialize Olivia has now grown to encompass many other families and situations. Seeing everyone out on Saturday, all focused on the same cause, will be a heartwarming event you won’t soon forget!

Please contact me with any questions!! See you Saturday!

No comments: