Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Weighing in at.....

13 pounds, 3 ounces!! Can you believe it! Ellie Kate had her 2 month checkup last week, and things look great! She has gained 4 1/2 pounds since Christmas Eve!! I think our pediatrician thought we had moved on from formula to Happy Meals! She passed all her checks with flying colors and even survived the shots without TOO much drama. Her biggest obstacle now is a terrible case of reflux. It seems like every baby I know has this now, but we're hoping that a combination of Zantac and lots of prayers from friends and family will do the trick! :)

Everything else around here is pretty much status quo. I am scheduled to go back to work next week (we're not talking or thinking about that right now :( ) so I am somewhere between being lazy and frantically trying to finish that "what I want to get done on maternity leave" list. I have been having some major ups and downs emotionally, but the support of my family is helping me through! I have been blessed throughout my life to feel fairly confidant in my ability to "handle" things with the help of the Lord. Recently, my body has reminded me that we've been through A LOT over the last 18 months, and it has been tough to admit that I just can't handle it all - all the time. I know with the help of my doctors, the support of my family, and the grace of the good Lord above I will survive this too! I'm starting to think that the Lord doesn't want us to get too comfortable in this life, but rather be in a condition to always remember to call on him for our needs.

Please check out my blog list and read about "The Macs". I stumbled on their blog from another one and it absolutely broke my heart. Their precious 9 month old was diagnosed with cancer 3 weeks ago, and died this weekend. Please pray for this family! Life is so uncertain - I'm glad the Lord is not!

New pictures soon!

1 comment:

The Lynch Family said...

Both of my babies have terrible reflux. There reflux was brought on due to prematurity. I totally understand how is to have to deal with it. They are bottle babies, so we just thicken their feedings with rice cereal and that really helps the reflux. Also, my babies are about to be NINE months old. Now my big boy weighs 18'5", but my girl only weighs 15'9". She is little for a nine month old.