Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine Recap

WOW! What a weekend! I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day - we certainly did! The festivities started on Friday with Abby's party at school. I volunteered to do the cupcakes. I considered it my last hurrah as a stay at home mom! I can't take credit though - a sister from our church actually made them! They are the most to die for cupcakes with Suzie Q cream in the middle! My Weight Watcher points FLEW out the window with those!!

Here's a shot of Abby's valentines that she passed out! Our friend Marty, (see her blog, My Crazy Life), made the pictures for her - TOO cute!!

Valentine's Day was packed with FUN! The day started with a Mother/Daughter Princess Tea at Abby's Preschool. It was so cute! They had fancy tables set up and lots of activities for the girls. They had built in a great story about a princess who saved her first kiss for the perfect prince - not the one with strength, riches or romance, but the common man with kindness in his heart. It was too sweet! I really had no idea there were books with that theme written for children, but what a great message to start exposing the girls to!




We then moved on to a Valentines party at our church. Lots of activities and games. Here are some shots of Abby with her friends.

Where was Ellie Kate during all of this?? At home warm and snugly in her PJs with her Daddy!

Stewart had some surprises in store for me as well! That afternoon 2 dozen roses showed up at my door! Then his Mom came to watch the girls so we could go to dinner and the symphony! I remember the first time I ever went to the symphony. It was on Valentines Day when Stewart and I were dating. I surprised him with tickets that year because I knew he would love it, and this year he returned the favor! I have to admit - my sleep deprived state made it hard to not nod off a couple of times, but it was great! Since Stewart's undergrad degree is in music, he was totally back in his element! It was a great surprise!! What a great man I am married too :)

Well, this is it - back to work for me tomorrow! Stewart's mom is going to keep EK for us, so that is a huge relief. I'm dreading getting a new routine ironed out, but I know that after a few days it will seem like normal. I'll post more later - today I just don't want to think about it! :) I've got both girls at home with me and we are too busy having fun to think about tomorrow!!

1 comment:

The HoneaBees said...

Hi! I found your blog through Amy George's blog. I am Kera (Moore) Honea...I am Davina's SIL and also my parent's are good friends with Stewart's. Anyway, I just wanted to say you have beautiful girls!