Sunday, October 24, 2010

Blue Skies

There are blue skies coming though the skies are dark and gray
Though the thunder and the lightning say a storm is on the way.
We've been promised sweet deliverance if we trust Him and obey.
There are blue skies coming any day.

These are lyrics to a song on a new CD Stewart and I have been listening to. Abby and EK have gotten attached to it and ask to hear it ALL the time. It was just a cute thing until Friday....... I've been on a blogging break. Why? Mostly because I didn't want you to share in the funk my brain was in at the time! Life is busy - that's documented. Life is not fun sometimes - again documented. For whatever reason, my reserves were down (OK - depleted, gone, no more glass half-full, just plain out the window) - this made the normal life stuff harder to handle and the "big" stuff almost unbearable. Hence - I hated for all of you to share in it :) (You can thank me later!)

It was during this time that the girls got obsessed with this song. The first time we heard it was in the Smokies. We had left that Monday only to learn after we got up there that my sweet Daddy was back in the hospital again battling the unknown. He had been sick a couple of weeks and had been in and out having tests run, but when we left, we thought he was on the road of recovery. He wasn't - it was worse than they thought. I remember sitting there listening to that song. EK turned her head and put her hand on my face and said, "Boo skies Mommy?? Boo skies??" I just thought it was cute that she had caught on to the song.

Since then, there have been some not fun hurdles to cross, days to endure - yada, yada. Nothing major to document, but you know how things just start happening and you catch yourself saying, "What next?" We've been there over and over for the last few weeks. During that time, EK would randomly look up and say, "Boo skies, Mommy?"


Friday was the day that I guess it all caught up with me. I was ready to climb under a rock somewhere and wait for it all to pass. Sometimes when it gets like that, I think, "I have endured the loss of my own child. How can I let daily life STUFF get me wound up like this??" Human nature - Stephanie, human nature. That night around 3 AM while I was rocking EK to sleep (she's had several sick nights during all of this), I just sat and cried, mostly feeling sorry for myself. EK looked up, touched my face, and this time said, "Mommy, SING Boo Skies. SING Boo Skies Mommy." I just looked at her. She repeated it over and over, until I finally started singing just to get her to stop asking. Suddenly, as I was singing, I could see that blue skies could be coming.
The clouds are still dark and gray, but blue skies are coming :)

Here's Daddy and Abby this weekend at her final soccer game. They finally figured it out, and although he still has some recovering to do, he's MUCH better! The doctor told him there was no doubt the Lord helped them find the problem as quickly and easily as they did - PTL! During all this we had to sing once without him - I've only done that ONCE in almost 20 years and I do NOT plan to make it a habit. I'm SO glad he's on the mend! You Daddy's girls know what I mean! There's NOTHING like your Daddy!! (Check out this post by Kera - you may see me steal this idea one day - SO sweet!!)


So..........I'm trying to look for my blue skies........

1 comment:

Amy said...

Stephanie,
What a precious moment between you and EK. Amazing how God uses our sweet, little ones to remind us of His promises :)

Glad to hear your daddy is better!

Amy