Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"I Pay Wit Kidz"

In the words of Ellie Kate, "I pay wit kidz!" And so we started Mother's Day Out last week! I wanted her to go - Abby went at her age, but WOW, when they called and said they had an opening, it was a major shocker!! I knew she needed to, but she's the BABY!!
Well, all fear I had was laid to rest quickly by the strong willed one! That morning as we were pulling through the car line to drop Abby off, EK started trying to unbuckle saying, "Bye Mommy. I go skool wit Abby. See slide! Pay wit kids!!" Let's just say she was NOT happy when the safety patrol shut the door and Abby walked away and she was left in the car!! An hour later, she walked herself (did not want to be carried) into the church, straight to her room and started playing! It's a class of 11 BOYS and her - hehe! The teachers seemed hesitant, but I assured them she would take care of herself! She never even blinked when I bent down to kiss her bye, just said again, "Bye Mommy! I pay wit kidz!!" When I got there to pick her up, there was no running reunion. I'm not even sure she was happy to see me! She just looked up and said, "Oh- Hey Mommy!"

I'm thankful. She is her own little person who can light up your life one second and bring on the thunder the next!! I'm just waiting on the call that EK is face first in the floor pitching a fit! Maybe she only does those for Mommy :)

Here's my big girl - ready to go :)


Lots of new things happening here!!!


2 comments:

candih said...

At least it was better than McKenzie's first day at preschool! You know the day they had to LOCK all the doors and it took 5 of them to chase her down!! :)

Lacey MaRanda said...

Proud that EK did great and proud that mommy held it together somewhat...there was no running reunion with Peyton either...they just want to stab us right in the heart.