Sunday, April 17, 2011

Paris - Here We Come!

My updates this week are coming from Paris!!!!!!! Stewart and I are here for 6 days ALONE! Alone except for lots of Alfa friends that is ;) One thing I love about my career switch to Alfa is the opportunity to earn unbelievable trips. The "big" one each year is the Super Star, and this year the Lord blessed me enough to win this once in a lifetime trip to Paris.

We're catching up with the 6 hours time change now, but I thought I'd post a few pictures of the trip so far!

Friday night we started in Huntsville at the Gaither concert. It was great as always, but we left at intermission to head out to Nashville. Mom and Dad were there and took the girls with them. As we left and walked different directions, I caught Abby turning around to wave with a tear in her eye......OH Break Mommy's Heart!!! Mom assured me later that one quick new video at the Gaither table ended any thought of tears - HA!

We flew out of Nashville early Saturday morning to Minneapolis where we had a 5 hours layover. The we boarded for Paris. Imagine a plane with 2 seats-isle-3 seats-isle-2 seats. Well we ended up in the 3 seat middle and the classic Stephanie luck kicked in then. I thought a nice, well-dressed lady was sitting on the other side of me, but all of the sudden there was a seat change and a not-so-lovely gentleman with about as much hair as me, rings on every fingers, speaking French (I think) and all of his bags came piling over!! OOOOHHHH NOOOO!! 9 HOURS being sandwiched between a snoring Stewart who was falling over on me, and this VERY strange man who also kept falling my way (all while he sneezed and coughed the whole way). Let's just say NERVES SHOT by the time we finally landed. I am already praying for better seat assignments on the way back!!! Drea - I know JD is saying "I told you so" at this point!!

We are staying at The Westin which is right in the heart of Paris. We had to stay awake when we got here to try to get used to the time difference so we took a little walking tour just to get a feel of the place. Here are a few pictures of hotel and the room.

IMG 1661

 

IMG 1658

IMG 1677

IMG 1678

 

IMG 1679

I'll admit now that my degree in History AND my 2 years of French in High School are embarrassingly rusty!  I'll post these pictures with some basic info, but go Google yourself if you want full historical details :)

 

IMG 1668

This is a very elite, famous square that includes shops like Chanel, Cartier, etc.  The monument in the center is from the French Revolution I believe :)

IMG 1666

Also in that square is The Ritz.  This is where Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed ate just before she was killed in a nearby tunnel.

IMG 1669

Typical Paris street.  Notice the HUGE Louis Vuitton store on the left!!

IMG 1670

Famous Paris Opera House.

IMG 1674

A church (I'll have to look up which one :)) in the downtown area.

IMG 1676

This is what you see across from our hotel,

 

Company dinner tonight and tour of the city tomorrow!  I'll try to take better notes so I can label my pictures without having to Google it all the time - HA!  Cell phone can only be used for emergency, no emails or FB coming in 24/7 on Blackberry..........it's taking a LOT to get used to, but I'll update at night when we get back to the laptop :)

Au revoir!

 

7 comments:

The Pritchett Parade said...

Have fun! I am super jealous!! By the way I love your new background!

Simplicity By Christy said...

This is totally not fair!!!!! So not fair! I am supposed to be in Paris. They just forgot to tell you and give you my ticket! I cannot believe this is happening.

Have fun girl! My dream city and country to see one day. I want every detail and make sure to see The Louvre.

Drea said...

JD walked in as I was reading your post- he laughed at your plane seating issues.... and I can tell you he is still thankful he wasn't involved! He told me earlier "Well- they all made it safe so I guess we would have been OK.... " He will forever be a coward!

Have fun without us this time sister- but prepare for the next one because I intend on being there even if I have to set up a sales office here and make my own appointments :)

Lacey MaRanda said...

Thank goodness for the Mimi's we have in our lives to make us feel as though a Gaither video will cure the "I want mommy" blues...SOOOOO JEALOUS RIGHT NOW....you should have switched seats with Stewart...I mean you are the one who won the trip and he and the French guy could have slept on each others shoulders...

Sherrill said...

Two comments -

You go, Drea!!!! LOLOL

And Lacey - Your solution to the seating issue was the same as mine. Go figure!!! And Mimi's just love their girls and would do anything for them! :-)

Anonymous said...

I am in the jealous crowd as well! Hey, I am a valued ALFA customer, doesn't that count for something?!?!? I mean, I will fly! I ain't no sissy like JD! Maybe I ought to become an agent!!! What about some comp Steph? Y'all have fun and tell Stewart that he is not French....he's an American!!!

Nicole said...

LOL I can laugh at the seating issue becuse I have been there myself. It is VERY uncomfortable!

Have the time of your life!