Monday, January 17, 2011

My Brick......

Go ahead, say it, "HUH?"

I've been given a brick - to the head. It's called pneumonia :( I can honestly say I've probably NEVER been this zapped in my life!

Why my "brick"?? I think sometimes the good Lord has to hit us in the head to get our attention. I guess I was so thick-headed, He needed a brick!

Bottom-line - Mommy hasn't taken care of herself and what was just an upper respiratory bug the first week of December has now led to full-out, bed-rest or else be admitted to the hospital - pneumonia. I'm STILL hard headed! I tried all weekend to convince myself and those around me that I would be FINE tomorrow! After some STRONG words from my loving husband and parents, I sadly had to admit defeat.

Why do I think that to be a good Mommy/wife/employee/Child of God I must run like a hamster ALL the time to take care of all others and ignore myself? Why do I feel eternally guilty and like I'm neglecting someone else if I give 10 minutes to myself?? This is something I NEED God's help with......it is helping NO ONE for me to be in the bed right now! I've GOT to find a balance!

I want simple. I want peaceful. I want happy smiles with no fear of what's to come. I want these things, but I think I've been working triple time to MAKE it happen instead of trusting that God can do it just fine without me! (Better - in fact!)

Lord, please help me take this brick and remember it. Help me just do what I need to do and let you do the rest. Help me realize that I can't be a good Mommy/wife/Child of God, etc, etc, by total sacrifice. Above all, please grant my heart and my family a simple peace with no fear of what's to come or what has been. That peace is what I'm running around trying to create.....help me stop and LET YOU!

Prayers appreciated :)

5 comments:

Drea said...

My word sister! Yall are having it rough.... I hope you are all on the mend quickly! Just be thankful for good insurance...a great Mimi..... and most of all prayers from everyone! With all those- you should kick this soon (even though I'm sure you feel like the kicked one at the moment!)

Sherrill said...

You have prayed the prayer with words that surely came from divine intercession. . .

To recognize what you need - instead of asking for more of what you want. . .

I still believe He gives us the desire of our hearts. Make this the desire of your heart. The DAILY desire of your heart. . .remember this prayer. . .pray these words daily. . .He will hear you and He WILL answer. . . Even when your body is better, remember this prayer. . .

And if you're running full speed on the hamster wheel you might not hear the answer. :-)

Guilt comes from the adversary - when God is teaching you something it is with loving admonition - not guilt. Identify the author of the guilt. Guilt screams so loud in the background, you can't hear Him. Admonition from Him offers direction and hope.

I love you, baby. :-) I hate that you are as hardheaded as your mama. . .praying for you. As always. :-)

Pay attention to what's feeding you. :-)

Heather G said...

Oh Steph I feel for you!! I've had pneumonia many, many times and let me tell you...LISTEN TO THE STRONG WORDS OF YOUR LOVING HUSBAND!! Get lots of rest and let this be all about YOU! Get better girl and you have my prayers!

Anonymous said...

I'm not for sure if you really want my prayers but I will throw in one for ya! And forget Heather G, tell Stewart to mind his own business!!! LOL!!! j/k...Hurry up, we got singings! :)

Stead N Mindy said...

Aww!!! We are sorry!!! Hope you get to feeling better!!!! Love ya!!!